- www.qvc.com " Bob's Online Kitchen"
- 4 cups (950 ml) Onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Butter or margarine
- 2 pounds Potatoes, peeled, boiled, then finely grated (6 cups)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Pepper
- 1/2 pound Muenster cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Olive oil
- In a covered Dutch oven, braise the onions in the butter for 20 minutes, or until soft but no browned. Set aside to cool.
- Thoroughly mix the grated potatoes and onions.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Shape the potato mixture into golf-ball-sized balls.
- Make a well in the center of each ball, then bury some cheese in each ball.
- Flatten each ball into a 3 inch disk.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the Llapingachos 3 or 4 at a time for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add more oil if necessary.