- Lee Anna
- 1 lb (.5 kg). frozen crawfish tails or about 7 lbs (3.2 kg).live Crawfish*
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp (20 ml). Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- hot oil
- Wash the crawfish tails very well under cold water.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or skillet.
- Mix Tony Chachere's with flour.
- Dredge crawfish through flour mixture.
- Drop into hot oil.
- If you are cooking in a skillet, you might need to turn the crawfish once.
- Cook until golden brown.
- *If you are using live Crawfish, they must be burped in a large tub of salt water.
Then you must pull the tails off while the crawfish are alive or the meat will go bad.
My father owned a crawfish pond when I was a teenager and I spent many hours trapping
and cooking crawfish. I always liked the simple fried crawfish tails, even though
it was hard work to make them. The taste is worth it!