- Kate Ransdell
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) yellow corn meal
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) boiling water
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sliced green onions
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (or to desired heat)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- vegetable spray
- In a large bowl mix the tomato bits, corn meal, garlic and water; set aside to let soak for about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix to blend thoroughly.
- Lightly spray loaf pan with vegetable spray and sprinkle a bit of cornmeal in bottom of pan.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf and place in pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers then slice for an excellent sandwich
served on a bun topped with a thin slice of avocado and some salsa.
This is a nice change from your ordinary meatloaf.