- Recipe chat site
- 1 large Onion (1 cup)
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cans Minced clams (8-oz each can)
- 6 med Tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Basil leaves (dried), crumbled
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Oregano leaves (dried), crumbled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Parsley, chopped
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil, in a medium-sized pan, until soft.
- Drain liquid from clams into saucepan, reserving clams.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thicked as you like it.
- Mix in clams and parsley, and heat 5 minutes longer.
- Serve over linguini or other pasta.