Fettuccini with Red Clam Sauce
- Betsy Couch, through The Kitchen Link
- Red clam sauce:
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Olive oil
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) Tomato paste
- 1 bottle Clam juice (8 oz)
- 2 cans Chopped clams (6-1/2 oz (182 grm) each), drained, 1/2 cup (125 ml) juice reserved
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces Fettuccine, freshly cooked
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and stir 1 minute.
- Add clam juice, 1/2 cup (125 ml) juice reserved from clams, and parsley, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add clams and red pepper flakes, and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over fettuccine.
- Toss throughly and serve.