- Balducci's in New York City (Ron's Recipe Database)
- 24 Ladyfingers, toasted in a 375 degree oven 15 minutes
- 2 cups (475 ml) Espresso coffee, cooled
- 6 Eggs, separated
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Sugar
- 1 pound Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Marsala wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Triple Sec
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Brandy
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Orange extract
- 8 ounces Bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Arrange the ladyfingers on a plate and lightly soak them with the cooled espresso.
- Put half of the soaked ladyfingers in one layer in a rectangular serving dish.
- While the ladyfingers are soaking, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the yolks turn pale in color.
- Add the mascarpone, the liquors, and the extract, and stir gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a wire whisk until they are stiff.
- Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Use half of this mixture to make a layer of top of the ladyfingers in the serving dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate.
- Repeat the procedure with another layer of soaked ladyfingers, the mascarpone mixture and chocolate.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Ron's Recipe Database (firstname.lastname@example.org)