Hungry Jack Biscuit Taco Casserole
- Pillsbury's Internet site
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). jar Old El Paso medium taco sauce
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can Hungry Jack Refrigerated Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits
- 1 cup (225 ml) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 2.25 oz (63 grm). can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red bell pepper (if desired), chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green bell pepper (if desired), chopped
- 1 can mushroom pieces and stems (if desired), drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Lightly grease a 13 inch x 9 inch baking dish.
- Spread taco sauce evenly over bottom of greased dish.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Place biscuit pieces in taco sauce; turn to coat.
- Sprinkle biscuits with 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the mozzarella cheese and the olives.
- Mix gently.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 15 to 18 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine ground beef, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Cook until beef is browned; drain.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup (125 ml) mozzarella cheese over mixture in casserole.
- Top with ground beef mixture.
- Bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until mixture bubbles vigorously around edges.
- Pillsbury comments: Ready in 30 minutes, this busy-can casserole
stretches a little ground beef a long way.