- Pillsbury Co. Internet site
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Instant minced onion OR 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tbsp (30 ml) Brown sugar
- 1 can Refrigerated flaky biscuits (12 ounces)
- 2 ounces Cheddar or American cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Grease muffin 10 cups (2350 ml).
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, then drain.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, onion and brown sugar.
- Cook 1 minute to blend flavors, stirring constantly.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Place 1 biscuit in each greased muffin cup.
- Firmly press in bottom and up sides of cup, forming 1/4-inch rim.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup (60 ml) meat mixture into each biscuit lined cup.
- Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges of biscuits are golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute, then remove from pan.
- Tip: To make ahead, prepare as directed through step 10 above.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours, then bake as directed.
Nutrition per serving: Calories, 240; Protein, 11 g; Carbohydrage, 19 g;
Fat, 13 g; Sodium, 520 mg