- Searchable Online Archive of Recipes Internet site
- 1 cup (225 ml) beef broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). oil
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked rice, hot
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- Bring broth to a boil in medium sauce pan.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat.
- Add beef and stirfry until no longer pink, breaking larger pieces with a wooden spoon. Add garlic and chinese cabbage.
- Stirfry about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and add broth mixture.
- Stir until thickened.
- Add tofu.
- Gently stir until heated, about 1 minute.
- Spoon tofu mixture over rice and garnish with green onions.