- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). Ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Onion powder
- pinch Oregano, crushed
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Mustard
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Liquid smoke
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Pepper
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning
- 1 jar Bandito Salsa, medium hot
- 1/2 jar Bandito Salsa, hot
- dash Accent (optional)
- Sharp cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cans Butter Tastin Grands Biscuits
- Butter flavored Pam
- Brown the ground beef and sausage in a large pan.
- Add seasonings, mustard, ketchup and salsa.
- Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Drain well.
- Put one biscuit into each of 12 muffin tins that have been lightly sprayed with butter-flavored Pam.
- Press biscuits up the sides to the edge of the cup to form what looks like mini pie crusts in the tins.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Spoon the meat mixture into the cups.
- Sprinkle tops with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden and the cheese is melted.
- Author's Comments:
Great as appetizers using mini muffin tins.
If desired, repeat with leftover biscuits and meat mixture or serve meat mixture as Mexican Sloppy Joes on sesame buns or the other four baked biscuits.
I never have any left.