- Deanne/MasterCook/Searchable Online Archine of Recipes
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). dry red wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted and buttered
- In large skillet, brown beef and bacon until no longer pink. Drain. (This step may be done ahead of time. It can be cooked in large quantities and frozen.)
- In crockpot, mix together drained beef, bacon, onion, flour, paprika and salt.
- Stir in undiluted soup and wine.
- Cover pot and cook on "Low" setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Spoon mixture over toasted buns.