Cheese-Filled Salisbury Steaks
- firstname.lastname@example.org/MealMaster/SOAR Internet site
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) crackers, crushed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 4 sticks cheese, each stick 2 inch x 1 inch
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can beef broth
- 1/2 can water (beef broth can)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornstarch
- In medium bowl, place beef, crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Mix together lightly, but thoroughly.
- Shape into 4 oval patties.
- Enclose a cheese stick in each patty, covering cheese completely and tightly.
- Brown patties in a little butter in skillet.
- In skillet with cover, bring broth and water to a boil.
- Add patties to the skillet.
- Surround with onions; cover.
- Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat.
- Blend cornstarch with a small amount of cold water.
- Add to skillet and cook mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Add meat and heat if necessary.
- Note: Before you fold the meat over the cheese, moisten the edges which
are to be folded over with a bit of water. This will help assure that the
meat adheres to itself, over the cheese filling.