- There are crab cakes and there are deviled crabs. If you mean CRAB CAKES, these are the ones you want!
- From the back of an OLD BAY SEASONING can via Linda Weissert
Serves/Makes:6 crab cakes
- 1 lb (.5 kg) crab meat (backfin or lump MARYLAND crab)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). OLD BAY SEASONING
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 slices bread with crust removed
- Break bread into small pices and moisten with milk.
- Mix ingredients lightly.
- Shape into cakes.
- Fry quickly until brown.
- These are great broiled instead of fried, also.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
You can't get a much better crab cake than this - just be sure to use
MARYLAND (or maybe Virginia) Chesapeake Blue Crab if you want a real
Maryland crab cake. MMMMMMMMMMM!! Makes me long to be back by the bay
Now, deviled crab is another whole matter. I'll submit another recipe
for that so you can decide which one it is you REALLY want.