Anchors Aweigh Deviled Crab
- Deviled crab the way it was MEANT to be. Heavenly!
- OF TIDE & THYME COOKBOOK by the Junior League of Annapolis
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) red pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). crabmeat, shell and cartilage removed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter. Remove from heat.
- Combine onion, mayonnaise, eggs, and 1/3 cup (80 ml) of the bread crumbs, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper.
- Add crabmeat and stir until just blended.
- Place crab mixture in cleaned crab shells or individual ramekins.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- The cookbook this came from is one of the best I have found in many years.