Glazed Pork Chops with Apples
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vegetable oil
- 4 thin pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (about 1 lb (.5 kg).)
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 2 tsp (10 ml). Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- Heat oil in medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Add chops; cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to warm platter.
- Pare, core, and cut apples crosswise into rings about 1/4 inch thick.
- After chops are removed from skillet, add rings to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add apple juice concentrate.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Return chops to skillet and spoon apple mixture over top.
- Delicious. The apple mixture doesn't over-power the chops, but compliments