- 1 lb (.5 kg). can salmon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). grated onion
- dash of seasoned pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
- Drain about half of the liquid from salmon, then flake salmon.
- Combine bread crumbs, onion, seasonings, and soup.
- Stir in salmon, mix well.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Shape mixture into croquettes or patties.
- Roll in cornmeal.
- Fry in hot deep oil (vegatable oil) until browned.
Sometimes I leave out the soup, mix the cornmeal in, and
add an egg to the mixture.