- Light, chewy cookies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 bsp milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking power
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) uncooked quick rolled oats
- Optional: 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins or nuts or chocolate chips
- Cream butter.
- And and cream brown and white sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and milk and beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt and add to butter mixture. Beat well.
- Drop cookies by well rounded tbsp 2 inches apart on well-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 min in 350 degree (175 C.) oven until light brown.
- This makes a light, thin, delicate oatmeal cookie that is chewy. I
always add the raisins!