- Tarte Tatin with White Onion and Chicken in a Blood Orange Sauce
- ready-made puff pastry
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- fresh basil
- white wine
- 4 blood oranges
- 1 small egg
- Heat oil in heavy frying pan.
- Over low heat fry the onions and chicken until chicken browned and onions soft.
- Add basil, salt, pepper, juice of half an orange and a little sugar.
- Roll out pastry.
- Put chicken mix in ovenproof deep plate.
- Put pastry over top and press down so it moulds to shape underneath.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) till pastry puffy and golden.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and add remaining orange juice, add a little sugar and season to taste.
- Reduce down to a caramel like texture.
- Invert the baked pastry onto a plate and top with the sauce.
- One course from this years Valentine's menu!