- Ground beef, potatoe, and green bean casserole
- Rainy Mountain Gardens
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can green beans, drained
- 5 medium potatoes, washed and cubed in larger bite-sized pieces
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- Gently brown ground beef and onion in an oven proof skillet.
- Meanwhile, parboil potatoes until almost tender to pierce.
- Drain potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, green beans, condensed soup, and salt and pepper to taste with cooked ground beef and onions.
- Cover skillet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for about 1 hour.
- This is the basic recipe. Add seasonings as desired (dill is nice) to alter taste.
May top with canned french fried onions 10 minutes before removing from oven. (Leave cover off pan when onions added.)
May add low fat sour cream or light mayo if a little more moisture is needed with the soup.
East to adjust amount for more people by throwing in more ground beef or an extra potato or two with additonal can of green beans.