- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) marjoram
- 1 lb (.5 kg) yellow or green split peas
- 2 smoked pork chops
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, choped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cover smoked chops with water in a 4 qt pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add all but potatoes.
- Cook until carrots are tender.
- Drop in potatoes and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until peas and potatoes are done.
- If too thick, add a little water at a time.
- I used to use 2 smoked ham hocks, but now that I am a little
fat free concerned, I have switched to the chops and find
them even better.