- Light & easy
- 2 cups (475 ml) all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Crisco
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into bowl.
- Cut in crisco with fork until mixture resembles corn meal.
- Add milk and blend lightly with fork only until flour is moistened and dough pulls away from bowl.
- Turn on lightly floured board and knead lightly (30 sec.) and roll 3/4 " thick.
- With biscuit cutter cut out biscuits and place on lightly greased pan.
- Brush tops with melted butter and bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 12-15 minutes.
- Who wants to go through a big deal in the morning? Well this
is quite simple. You can mix batter the night before and
refrigerate to roll out in the AM if you like.