- For those who can't eat the rich sauce.
- 2 cups (475 ml) nonfat cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter-flavored granules
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chicken flavored boullion cubes
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- dash of red pepper
- cooked fettucini
- Combine all ingredients except pasta in container of an electric blender.
- Process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Pour into a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- Mix with cooked fettucini and serve.
- This is a good substitute for the real thing if you are on a low fat diet.