- Kelli Greene
- 5 medium parsnips (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine, softened
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- Pare, cut, and cook parsnips in boiling salted water; mash.
- Mix parsnips, flour, salt, pepper, margarine, onion, and egg.
- Shape into 8 patties. Coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat shortening in 10 inch skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Cook patties in shortening about 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- 315 calories per serving
From: Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook