- Patty Johnson
Serves/Makes:One 9"X13" dessert
- 1 can (20 oz (560 grm).) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (20 oz (560 grm).) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans, chopped
- 1 package (18 oz (504 grm).) Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray a 13 inch X 9 inch baking dish with Pam
- Combine pie filling and pineapple, juice included.
- Mix well.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over mixture in baking dish.
- Melt butter and pour evenly over cake mix.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle pecans over top.
- Put bake into oven for additional 30 min.
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 20 min. before serving.
- The recipe was found in the "Pass The Plate" Cookbook and was
contributed by Mrs. Ronald B. Gillikin. This cookbook is from my
hometown and has many wonderful recipes.