Banana Bread with Apple Sauce
- Low Fat and Delicious
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:1 loaf (16 servings)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed banana
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) applesauce
- nonstick spray coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray an 8 inch x 4 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- This recipe can also be made as muffins.
Bake muffins at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
VARIATION: Add 1/2 cup lowfat chocolate chips to batter.