- 2 packages dry split peas
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chicken bouillon granules
- 1 meaty ham bone and sliced chunks of ham
- 1 large onion,chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) marjoram, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 potatoes,cut into cubes
- Rinse peas.
- In a Dutch oven combine peas, 8 cups (1900 ml) cold water, bouillon, ham bone and ham, onion, pepper, and marjoram.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in carrots, celery, and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or more, till vegetables are done.
- Season, serve with toast squares.
- This is a recipe that my Mom made, has been in the family for years!!!
Hope that you enjoy it!!!