The Best Spanish Rice Ever
- Easy and good spanish rice even the kids will love.
- none, passed on from my mother
- 1 cup (225 ml) uncooked white rice
- 1 can tomato soup (keep can)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (keep can)
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 of an onion minced
- water (use the cans that the tomato soup and sauce were in)
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated chedder cheese
- Brown the ground beef and set aside.
- In a large casserole dish, combine uncooked rice, tomato soup, tomato sauce, and one can each of water using both the soup and sauce cans, mix together.
- Stir in the onions and cooked ground beef.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Stir rice a couple of times while baking.
- Once the rice is done remove from oven and spread grated cheese over the top.
- Put the lid back on and return to oven until the cheese is melted.
- BE CAREFUL THIS WILL BE VERY HOT!!
Makes a great side dish for tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.
It's also great the next day.