- 1 lb (.5 kg). boneless round steak, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cooking oil
- 16 oz (448 grm). can cut tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced carrot
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). quick tapioca (thickener)
- 2 cups (475 ml) rice or noodles, cooked
- Trim fat from meat and cut into 4 serving size pieces.
- Brown meat in a skillet with hot oil.
- In a slow cooker place onion, celery and carrot.
- Sprinkle with thyme, quick tapioca, salt, and pepper.
- Pour undrained tomatoes over veggies.
- Add meat.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve with rice or noodles.