- Community Church of Hudson Cookbook, 1975
- 2 cups (475 ml) Great Northern beans
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). soda
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sorghum
- 6 to 8 slices bacon (diced)
- Cover beans with cold water and bring to boil.
- Add soda and let boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with water.
- Cover with warm water and let cook for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Put into casserole dish and add rest of ingredients.
- Bake for at least 1 hour in 350 degree (175 C.) oven.