- The Wide, Wide World of Texas Cooking
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Milk
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). melted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). paprika
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned Salmon (skin and bones removed)
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked whole-kernel corn
- Fat for frying (I use a tiny bit of olive oil)
- Beat eggs and then beat again with milk.
- Add butter.
- Combine dry ingredients and sift together. Add to egg mixture and blend.
- Flake salmon.
- Add salmon and corn to batter.
- Drop by tbsp, a few at a time into deep fat at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Fry until golden brown on all sides. ( I fry them in a skillet like pancakes, flip them until golden brown like everything else you fry. Less grease!)
- Skim out and drain on paper.
- (You can just bake them like salmon patties but, take more time. At 350 degrees (175 C.).)
- Keep hot on baking sheet in oven at 250 degrees (125 C.) until all are done. Serve with Parsley Sauce.