- The Wide, Wide World of Texas Cooking
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). butter
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). scraped onion pulp
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) very finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Melt butter in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Add flour and blend.
- Stir in milk and continue stirring until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Add salt, onion pulp, parsley and chopped egg, and blend.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes over moderate heat and serve from sauceboat.
- This Parsley sauce (or one similar to it) is often served with fish
and sometimes bland meat.