- The Quick & Easy Electic Skillet Cookbook By: Ceil Dyer
- 1 7-1/2-ounce can salmon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Remove the skin and bones from salmon and mash fine.
- Separate the eggs.
- Add egg yolks and cream to salmon and blend well.
- Mix in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Pour into 8 well-greased custard cups.
- Preheat skillet to 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Place custards cups in skillet.
- Pour sufficient hot water around them to reach halfway up the cups.
- Cover skillet and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plates.
- Note: this could also be baked in an oven in a water bath. Cooking time will vary.
- Insert in book: I serve these little salmon custards with creamed peas and
pickled peaches, which seem to go well together.