- Crockery Cooking By: Irena Chalmers, 1975
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). round or chuck steak cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green pitted olives
- 2 oz (56 grm). can anchovies, drained
- 4 oz (112 grm). pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). oregano
- 2 tTbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beef broth
- cooked buttered noodles
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Trim the beef to remove all the fat.
- Place the beef in a crockpot.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the beef and stir to coat the cubes.
- Cover and cook on low temperature for 10 hours.
- Chill stew and remove the fat that rises to the surface.
- Reheat for 4 hours on low temperature.
- Serve with noodles dotted with butter and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
- It is important to keep the cooked stew in the refrigerator for at least
a day, and preferably two days before serving so that all the flavors
will arrive at their full peak of perfection.