- Crockery Cooking by Irena Chalmers, 1975
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). round steak
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). quick cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beer
- Place the steak in a crockpot.
- Cover with onions, garlic and parsley.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir tapioca into beer and pour down the side of pot.
- Cover and cook on low temperature for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
As well as providing an excellent flavor for beef, beer is also a good