Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork
- Patty Johnson
- 1 6 lb (2.7 kg). pork crown roast
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery
- 1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 3/4 cup (175 ml) of water
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fresh pork sausage
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small can mushrooms
- dash thyme, basil, cumin, salt and pepper
- Adolph's meat tenderizer
- Season roast with salt, pepper and Adolph's meat tenderizer.
- Saute onion, green pepper and celery in 1/2 stick of butter.
- Fry sausage until brown.
- Mix onion mixture, sausage, stuffing mix, bouillon, mushrooms, and seasonings.
- Stuff center of roast.
- Place in shallow roasting pan.
- Loosly cover top of roast with tin foil.
- Cook at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove tin foil for last part of cooking so top of roast will brown and stuffing will form a crust.
- This is one of my favorite recipes from my Mother. I love preparing this
for a dinner party...it makes a beautiful presentation. Just tell your
butcher how many you want to serve and he will prepare the roast accordingly.