- Beef with Red Wine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 12 small onions
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean beef
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 peppercorns
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme or marjoram
- Red wine and water (3/4 wine to 1/4 water)
- 1 cup (225 ml) mushrooms
- hot cooked noodles
- Preheat oven 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Saute lightly the onions in the butter. Remove onions.
- Cut beef into 1 inch cubes and lightly brown in butter.
- Sprinkle the meat with flour.
- Place in ovenproof dish with salt, peppercorns, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover meat with wine and water.
- Cook covered in oven for 1 hour.
- Place onions on top and add mushrooms.
- Cook another hour.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- My husband and I had this meal at a dinner party and I just had to have
the recipe. Enjoy!