White Chocolate Cream Eggs
- Very Sweet, pretty little eggs.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely chopped pecans
- 3 cups (700 ml) sifted confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Paste food coloring
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in pecans, sugar, milk, and vanilla, blending well.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill 2 to 3 hours.
- Shape candy mixture into 1 1/2 inch long egg shapes and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Melt and temper chocolate.
- Use a fondue fork to dip candy eggs into melted chocolate.
- Place on wire racks with waxed paper underneath.
- Allow coating to harden.
- To speckle eggs, place a small amount of food coloring on a paper plate.
- Crumple a small piece of waxed paper and dip into food coloring; blot on plate.
- Gently stamp egg to make speckles.
- Using a paper towel, carefully blot egg to absorb heavy areas of food coloring.
- Repeat with as many colors as you like.
- I use two or more different colors and make different color eggs.
- Let eggs sit uncovered until dry. Do not refrigerate.