- I don't know where you can buy duck blood, unless you are near a duck farm.
- Polish Heirloom Recipes (Lilann)
- Fresh blood from one duck
- 1 lb (.5 kg). country ribs
- 1 herb bouquet
- 4 whole allspice
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 whole peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- 10 prunes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sweet cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- salt, to taste
- potato dumplings
- Into a glass bowl, pour the vinegar and mix in the duck blood; set aside.
- Cover meat with water and add herbs and spices to cook for about 2 hours.
- Strain soup and return to kettle.
- Add fruit and cook 1/2 hour longer.
- Mix flour into blood mixture, add 3 Tbsp (45 ml). soup stock and pour into soup stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and cream and bring to boiling; reduce to a simmer.
- Serve over Kluski or potato dumplings.
- Polish names: Kluski lazanki or Kartoflane Kluski.
- My aunt made this great soup and served it over Kluski.
It is a soup that you should have been raised on to appreciate.
My husband loved it until he was told it was duck's blood soup.
I would keep that a secret from now on.