Serves/Makes:5 or more
- 9 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 20 oz (560 grm). chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sweet cream (milk can be substituted)
- Combine all ingredients except cream in a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves; puree in food processor or blender.
- Stir in cream; return to pot and heat to serving temperature--do not boil.
- Taste before serving. If carrots are bitter, add a little sugar.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with fresh parsley and small croutons.