- Tricia G
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ground chuck
- 2 tsp (10 ml) onion powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic powder
- 1 small onion (i use dried onion)
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar, add until desired sweetness
- lemon juice
- 2 cans tomato sauce (depends on how much sauce you want)
- 1 sm. can tomato paste
- Make meatballs from ground chuck, brown.
- Drain grease.
- Add onion, continue browning.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, onion and garlic powder, lemon juice (a few drops) and brown sugar.
- Mix all ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.
- Simmering for 1 hour mixes all the ingredients and the sugar sweetens the sauce.
- You may add the brown sugar to your liking.
- This recipe originally used kosher hamburger, but I use regular ground chuck
instead. It was given to me as a wedding gift in a cookbook that
contained family recipes.