- Kim (from Copycat Recipes)
- 8 cups (1900 ml) cabbage, chopped very fine (1 head cabbage)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) buttermilk
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) white vinegar
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) lemon juice
- Be sure the cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces.
- Combine sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours before serving for a blending of flavors.