- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 small can chopped black olives, drained
- 8 oz (224 grm). spaghetti
- Bring first 3 ingredients to room temperature.
- Warm serving bowl in oven.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, beat together eggs and cream until just combined.
- Drain pasta when done, do not rinse!
- Add butter to warm bowl and add pasta, toss to coat.
- Add egg and cream mixture to hot pasta, toss quickly; add parmesan, toss, add bacon and olives, toss.
- Serve immediately.
- The key to this recipe is to work fast once the pasta is done. All the
other steps need to be done as quickly as possible while the pasta is still
very hot. The heat from the hot pasta cooks the eggs, and the cream keeps
it, well, creamy!