- **** on Shingle (use sausage for Sausage on Shingle)
- 1 lb (.5 kg) hamburger meat (or Sausage)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- water or milk for gravy
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 - 16 slices of toast
- Brown hamburger meat (or sausage) with chopped onion.
- Drain off fat.
- Remove meat from skillet.
- Retain enough fat to make the gravy.
- Add flour slowly to the fat in hot skillet, mixing well.
- Stir water or milk into skillet to make the gravy.
- Mix meat into the gravy in the skillet.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over toast.