- 8 cups (1900 ml) chicken broth
- 8 cups (1900 ml) water
- 16 oz (448 grm). tiny bow tie pasta
- 16 oz (448 grm). spinach
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced garlic
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped zucchini
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped carrots
- Bring chicken broth and water to a boil in a 6 qt. pot.
- Add pasta and cook 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix ground beef, cheese and minced garlic until blended.
- Form small meatballs and stir into soup mixture.
- Simmer 5 to 7 minutes until meat is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, saute onions, zucchini and carrots about 5 minutes until almost tender.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Can be refrigerated up to 4 days.