- Baked beans with all of the fixins
- 3 15 oz (420 grm). cans of pork and beans (Showboat brand my favorite)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Worchestire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown or white sugar (combination of two okay)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup
- 8 ounces of bacon (precooked & crumbled)
- Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for approximately one hour. Time and temperature can be varied. Tastes best cooked relatively long at lower temperature.
- Can be prepared in microwave with same good texture and flavor.
- For microwave cooking, use lid or cover, and use 50% power or less, and cook for 30 minutes or more.
- Slow cooking seems to make texture & taste better, even in microwave.
- This is not a new dish, but everyone seems to like my baked beans.
My stepmother's mother made her baked beans with Worchestire sauce. I've followed her recipe, and I think this really makes a difference in the dish. I don't measure ingredients or use a consistent time & temperature. So I had to guess for making a suggestion.