- Lee Anna
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; stir well and add to dry mixture.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes.
- These can be made plain and served with apple butter, butter, and strawberry jam.
Or you can add 6 oz. of chocolate chips to the batter and make chocolate chip muffins.
The same applies to blueberries or other fresh or frozen fruit. Add about 1/2 cup of either to batter.