- Leeya bat Avraham
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grits
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) egg substitute (or two large eggs)
- 1 cup (225 ml) non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) non-fat sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.) Fahrenheit.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar, depending on preference of sweetness.
- You may want to add just 1/4 first and taste the batter, then add more sugar if you want it slightly sweeter in flavor.
- In another bowl, combine liquids.
- Fold dry ingredients into the liquid and combine until just moistened. Don't overmix.
- Pour batter into muffin tins until each is about 3/4 full.
- Bake on the center rack for 15-20 minutes or until tester poked in the center comes out clean.
- Check at 15 minutes to see how they look since ovens vary.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from tins.
- This is a solid muffin and is very heavy felling. It has a rich taste.
It's very suitable for breakfast or a morning snack. It comes out very
yellow in color and is very attractive.