- Soups & Sandwiches by Jean Pare
Serves/Makes:approx. 5 cups/1.25 Litres
- 3 cups (700 ml) diced potatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced onion
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced carrot
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) diced celery
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock ( homemade or canned)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt (if using canned stock omit salt)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper (white is best)
- 2 cups (475 ml) medium grated cheddar cheese
- Measure first 7 ingredients into saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Do not drain.
- Run tender vegetables and stock through blender.
- Sometimes hot liquid in blender will lift lid off blender while in operation, to save a mess place a towel over blender before you turn it on.
- Once all vegetables are pureed return this liquid to saucepan and add cheese, stir and heat slowly to melt the cheese.
BEER CHEDDAR SOUP - Add 1/2 cup of beer, 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese and
1/2 tsp. dry mustard to the above recipe for Cheddar Cheese Soup.
CHEDDAR CHOWDER - follow the above Cheddar Cheese
Soup recipe but do not blend vegetables.