- A simple but delicious casserole
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (475 ml) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). dry rice
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. smoked sausages (Smokies) or cut up Kielbasa
- Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Put a layer of sliced potatoes, salt and pepper, chopped onion and part of the soup, leaving enough to cover last layer.
- Cover with peas and carrots and sprinkle on the rice.
- Layer remaining potatoes and onions, salt only.
- Top with remaining tomato soup.
- Place sausages on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake until potatoes are tender.
- This has been a favorite for my children when they were young.
Now that they are married they also serve this recipe to their
young ones. It seems the little ones have a hard time chewing
other meats and any type of sausage makes sense. I particularly
prefer the little smokies.