- A mold that is excellent as appitizer or light luncheon
Serves/Makes:6 or 12
- 1 pkg. unflavored geletin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) boiled water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) tabasco
- 15-1/2 oz (434 grm) white salmon, drained
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped capers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). paprika
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1 egg
- 4 tsp (20 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated onion
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dill weed
- Stir geletin into boiled water and add cold water. cool
- Add to geletin the mayo, lemon juice, grated onion and tabasco.
- Chill to a jelling consistancy
- Add drained salmon and capers to the jell and beat well.
- In a seperate bowl, beat whipping cream and paprika and blend into jell mix.
- Turn into a loaf pan and refrigerate.
- Slice mold and servewith dill sauce.
- DILL SAUCE:
- Beat egg, sugar, pepper, lemon juice, dill weed and onion.
- Blend in sour cream and serve over salmon mousse.
- I have served this for small luncheons and other gatherings and
and recieved compliments and requests for this recipe. When needing
servings for twelve I repeat the above recipe substituting the
white salmon for pink salmon and pour over the already jelled layer.
and use a nice mold instead of a loaf pan.